Camp Themed Books and Movies
Spring is finally here and we couldn’t be happier to see the daffodils popping up and the sun shimmering off the lake. This warmer weather has us thinking about summer and camp is just around the corner!
To get you warmed up and back into the swing of camp things, we have put together a list of classic camp movies along with a selection of camp themed books. As an added bonus we have tracked down the ACTUAL camps and locations where the movies were filmed. Perhaps you’ll feel inspired to write a book about your summer of fun. Maybe one day we’ll even see a movie on the big screen that pays homage to our little nest on Hart Road!
- The Parent Trap (1998) – Camp Seeley, Crestline, CA
- The Parent Trap (1961) – Camp Bluff Lake, Big Bear Lake, CA
- Camp Rock – YMCA Camp Wanakita, Haliburton, Ontario and Kilcoo Camp, Minden, Ontario
- Ernest Goes to Camp – Montgomery Bell State Park
- Troop Beverly Hills – Mainly filmed in Beverly Hills, San Bernadino National Forest.
- It Takes Two– Camp Mini-Yo-We, Ontario, Canada
- Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries by David A. Adler
- The Berenstain Bears go to Camp by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Runaway Ralph (Ralph Mouse Series #2) by Beverly Cleary
- Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #2: Baby-sitters’ Summer Vacation! by Ann M. Martin
- Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
- Fun Camp by Gabe Durham
- The Lost Summer by Kathryn Williams
Michelle Miller, Development Assistant