Eagle’s Nest Coronavirus COVID-19 Response
8-28-20 – COVID-19 Update from Executive Director
While our summer season was unlike any we have had before, we were so fortunate to share it with the families who attended our Family Retreats. We so enjoyed having you on campus, hearing your laughter, seeing you float your cares away in the lake, and hike our trails. Thank you so much for being with us and doing all that you did to help the experience be a safe and healthy one for all!
This weekend we will welcome 30 new Outdoor Academy students for Semester 51. Over the summer we have retooled operations, developed new programs, and devised layered protocols for running a boarding school during a pandemic. Our plans have been developed with guidance from school associations, the Centers for Disease Control, the local health department and a medical advisory team. For the last two weeks OA faculty have been training on these new protocols in addition to reviewing our annual orientation materials and backcountry travel risk management. Being a small school that is outdoors most of the time, we know we are in a unique situation to be able to offer in person learning in ways that many educational organizations are not, and for that we are grateful.
Applications are still being accepted for the Spring Semester of The Outdoor Academy and soon we will open admissions for our 2021-2022 school year. Eagle’s Nest Camp registration is now open for summer 2021 and there is an Early Bird Discount of 5% if you register before September 15th.
We have many exciting plans in store for you all this fall, from virtual Alumni gatherings, our annual Silent Auction (online and open to everyone!), to more information on updates and changes within Eagle’s Nest Foundation. I hope you can join these conversations, stay tuned for more information coming soon
You, our friends, families and alumni make Eagle’s Nest and The Outdoor Academy strong and I would like to thank all of those who have supported us financially and otherwise over the course of this past spring and summer. This community is resilient, caring and vital to the work being done behind the scenes at ENF. You have made an incredible impact on the future of Camp and OA programs with your contributions and action. On behalf of the staff, trustees and young people who learn and grow here, I thank you.
Eagle’s Nest Camp / Hante
- May 8, 2020: Letter from Paige, Words of Encouragement and Video
- May 5, 2020: Refund Detail Letter for Eagle’s Nest Camp and Hante Participants
- April 30, 2020: Letter to Camp & Hante families from Paige
- April 17, 2020: Paige email to Camper Families: Grounding at Eagle’s Nest
- April 16, 2020: COVID-19 Implications for Eagle’s Nest Summer Camp 2020
- April 10, 2020: Paige’s Letter to Camp Families: Bringing Eagle’s Nest to Your Home
- April 3, 2020: Paige’s Letter to Camp Families
- March 19, 2020: email to all camp families
- March 19, 2020: Hante Darwin cancellation
- March 19, 2020: Hante Spain cancellation
- March 13, 2020: Camp and Hante Email
- March 4, 2020: Email to Eagles Nest Camp and Local Hante Families
- March 4, 2020 Emails to Travel Hante Families