Office Manager/Outdoor Academy Registrar
Eagle’s Nest Foundation
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF) is a non-profit that promotes the natural world and the betterment of human character through experiential education programs. ENF supports three programs: Eagle’s Nest Camp (a residential, summer camp for children ages 6-17), Hante Adventures (an off-site adventure program for teens), and The Outdoor Academy (a residential semester school for high-performing 10th grade students).
The Office Manager/Outdoor Academy Registrar (OMR) will primarily manage the day to day office functions for Eagle’s Nest Foundation year round, assist with special events, and provide registrar support for The Outdoor Academy (OA). The OMR is responsible for office management oversight including phone coverage, supporting Directors, basic systems resources maintenance, and security. The OMR will oversee all work outsourced to provide equipment maintenance, technology and network assistance, and other office infrastructure needs.
This position reports to the Executive Director and to the OA Director for Registrar and school duties and Camp Director for camp duties. All information related to networking, security, and systems management, GSuite management and projects with the Executive Director as well as the OA Registrar duties must be kept in the strictest confidence. Violation may result in termination of employment.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Technology and Office Equipment: Basic troubleshooting, maintenance, support and training on office equipment and systems including computers, networks, internet, printers, projectors, security cameras, phones, photocopy/scan/fax machines and mail machine; coordinate and manage leases and service plans.
- Computer Skills:
- Database usage and management (Salesforce preferred); Word Processing (Microsoft Word); Intermediate skills in MS Excel for creating, maintaining, and sharing numerous spreadsheets;
- Google G-Suite Workspace Administration (email, drive, docs, sheets management)
- Website Maintenance preferable
- Basic Network, Security, and Systems assistance
- Finance: Accurately count and record cash/checks; take deposits to the bank; oversee supply budgets, purchasing and inventory management; assist with IT budgets and purchasing.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, including in person and on the phone for interacting with parents, staff, students, campers, trustees and vendors.
- Organization and Attention to Detail: Strong organizational skills; excellent skills in recording data for official documents, attention to detail, and proofing; able to create lists and track forms; maintain organized hard copy and digital filing system.
- Confidentiality: High level of professionalism, able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Time Management Skills: Flexibility to manage complex tasks efficiently and professionally while working in a small office with interruptions; exercise sound judgment in prioritizing competing needs of programs and directors while meeting deadlines.
- Teamwork: Team oriented; works well with others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated office assistance experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated front office and phone communication experience, preferably in a school or camp.
- Demonstrated technology support and troubleshooting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULE
- Typical office hours 8:45 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional weekends and events required including OA and Camp opening days and closing days as needed. Work schedule to be coordinated with Directors.
- Position operates in a casual, yet professional environment and routinely requires walking across campus. Additionally, the position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy/scan/fax machines and filing cabinets. The ability to lift boxes and technology equipment as well as open/close filing cabinets is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Eagle’s Nest Foundation provides a salary, contributory health insurance plans, retirement plans, paid time off, and Summer Camp and OA discounts. Specific benefits are outlined in the employment contract.
Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, military status, veteran status or any other condition under applicable under federal, state or local law.