Planned gifts are gifts for…ever. Leave a lasting legacy by including Eagle’s Nest in your estate plans.
Sustainers of the Wheel
Since Eagle’s Nest often aligns itself with Native American Traditions and the natural world, “The Wheel” has been selected for the title of our Planned Giving Program. This name has connotations of changing of seasons and also of the Medicine Wheel upon which the four tribes are based. Helen Waite, our past Executive Director, also coined this term for the special community-building gatherings at The Outdoor Academy.
We have had several individuals who have expressed an interest in leaving a legacy to Eagle’s Nest; therefore we have the first spokes to The Wheel and of course are looking for many more.
Planned gifts include bequests, gifts of life insurance and retirement plans, and other contributions made through a donor’s estate. Many planned giving options allow donors and their loved ones to receive income during their lifetime from assets that will eventually benefit Eagle’s Nest. All of these life-income gifts deserve special consideration when making financial and estate plans.
Wills, Living Trust, or Retirement Plans
Through a will, living trust, or retirement plan, individuals can make gifts to Eagle’s Nest that are larger than anything they could imagine in their lifetime. The process is very simple for most individuals. You need only to include appropriate language in your will. Gifts through wills, living trusts, or retirement plans offer a number of advantages:
- They are revocable by the donor if circumstances change.
- They realize the donor’s vision for the future in a tangible way without an uncomfortable financial burden during his or her lifetime.
- Individuals may choose to designate their support to any part of the Foundation.
- For individuals who wish to support the Foundation at levels that will produce an endowment in perpetuity, separate endowment agreements can be created to spell out the donor’s wishes.
- They may reduce estate tax for the surviving family members.
Wording for a Simple Bequest
You can add the text below to the body of your will, or include it in an additional witnessed page, or codicil, at a later date. Please consult your attorney for further advice.“I hereby give and bequeath [amount in dollars or percentage amount] to Eagle’s Nest Foundation, a North Carolina nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, having federal tax identification number 56-60009912, with its headquarters currently located at 43 Hart Road, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, for its general purposes.”