Eagle’s Nest Foundation
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF) is a non-profit that promotes the natural world and the betterment of human character through experiential education programs. ENF supports three programs: Eagle’s Nest Camp (a residential, summer camp for children ages 6-17), Hante Adventures (an off-site adventure program for teens), and The Outdoor Academy (a residential semester school for high-performing 10th grade students).
The Marketing Coordinator of Eagle’s Nest Foundation is responsible for coordinating the marketing and promotional efforts between Eagle’s Nest Camp, Hante Adventures, The Outdoor Academy, and the Development Office as well as creating print, photographic, video and social media content for each.
The Marketing Coordinator works with all programs to promote and effectively tell the story and impact of experiential education and the young people who benefit from a session of camp, an expedition with Hante Adventures, or a semester at The Outdoor Academy (OA).
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, and implementation of marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external, for Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF). This position will be based from the Pisgah Forest campus and will serve the marketing and social media needs of Eagle’s Nest programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, Hante Adventures, and the ENF Development Office). The position is a full-time, year-round position, reporting to the Development Director.
- Responsible for coordinating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program for Eagle’s Nest Foundation and its programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, Hante Adventures, and with the Development Office including Donor/Alumni Relations).
- Ensure unification and consistency of brand and messaging in all marketing, communications, and public relations activities across the Foundation.
- Oversee systems for coordinating marketing efforts including marketing calendars, e-mail, mail, and social media schedules.
- Assist with editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of ENF’s semi-annual publication, The Eagle, and in conjunction with marketing staff in each unit, other print and electronic materials such as brochures, flyers, and banners.
- Coordinate media interest in ENF programs, faculty and staff hiring, and ensure regular contact with target media. Coordinate response to media requests.
- Coordinate market research with each program and any outside vendors; monitor and report trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Social and Digital Media
- Maintain strong and effective web presence on the Eagle’s Nest website and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pixevity (photo sharing platform), iContact, etc.). Provide monthly reports on website analytics.
- Assist the Website Manager/ IT Administrator in maintaining proper security for each site.
- Coordinate submissions and posting of blogs for each program on a defined schedule.
- Coordinate with Hante and Outdoor Program Manager (Camp, Hante) and Outdoor Education Manager (The Outdoor Academy) to shoot video and photos during outdoor programming (delegate responsibility, assign and collect equipment).
- Oversee the creation and posting of videos of programs in session on a regular schedule as defined by the master marketing calendar.
- Photograph and post photos of The Outdoor Academy in session (or delegate) on a regular schedule. Coordinate with the Camp Director and appropriate staff for photographing and posting of photos during the summer camp season.
- In coordination with the Website Manager assist programs with website updates and overall look and feel of the website following all brand standards and guidelines.
- Assist with design of promotional presentations for all programs.
Planning and budgeting
- With the Directors of Program, develop and execute budgets for the Eagle’s Nest marketing, communications, and public relations programs.
- Schedule and lead monthly marketing meetings for the Foundation.
- Lead the Promotions Team in developing and achieving organizational goals and objectives with all matters concerning public outreach and marketing.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Marketing and social media skills: Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Organization and Attention to Detail: Able to plan, track and proof projects. Experience developing and managing budgets.
Verbal and written communication skills: Able to write effective social media postings and communicate effectively with staff, alumni, and future program participants and parents.
Computer Skills: Computer literacy in word processing, database management, photo and video editing, design and layout programs, and social media platforms.
Education/Work Experience required: Experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Eagle’s Nest Foundation provides a salary, contributory health insurance plans, retirement plans, paid time off, and Summer Camp and OA discounts. Specific benefits are outlined in the employment contract.
Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on or tolerate harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, military status, veteran status or any other condition under applicable under federal, state or local law.