This website (www.enf.org) is owned and operated by the Eagle’s Nest Foundation, (“ENF”), a North Carolina nonprofit corporation. Founded in 1927 and chartered as a non-profit organization in 1950, Eagle’s Nest Foundation provides oversight of the Eagle’s Nest Camp, Eagle’s Nest Hante Adventures, and The Outdoor Academy. The mission of Eagle’s Nest Foundation is to provide experiential education for young people promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character.
Eagle’s Nest Foundation Privacy and Data Protection Policy
ENF believes in the ideals of equality, honesty, belonging and self-awareness and is morally committed to protecting the children we serve and all other users of this website and of all of our programs. To that end, we support the ideals and procedures set forth in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which became effective April 21, 2000; and to other US and foreign privacy and data protection policies (hereafter “policy”).
“Financial Information” denotes personally identifiable information pertaining to a person/family’s finances, including, but not limited to, credit card numbers, assets, financial history, and income.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information about a person, such as name, address, email address, birth date and gender, and includes financial information.
We recognize the importance of privacy to visitors of our website, our related social media websites, and to trusted 3rd party providers we contract with in order to provider our services (collectively hereafter “Sites”). This Policy explains what type of information is collected from you when you visit the Sites and how that information may be used.
email@example.com | Telephone: 336-761-1040 | Mail: Eagle’s Nest Foundation, PO Box 5127, Winston Salem, NC 27113-5127
Please note that use of the enf.org website and services is subject to specific Terms and Conditions of Use, which may be accessed from the enf.org homepage or other pages by clicking on “Terms and Conditions.”
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your internet connection, such as:
- The IP address of the server you used to access the internet;
- The name of the website from which you linked directly to the Sites;
- The date and time you access the Sites; and
- The pages you visit.
This information (“Non-Personal Information”) does NOT identify you personally. We use this Non-Personal Information to monitor the effectiveness of the Sites, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Sites.
We collect personal information through a variety of means, including:
- Camper / Hante / The Outdoor Academy applications and registrations, both online and hard copy,
- Staff applications and employment information,
- Our website (currently www.enf.org) (the “ENF Website”), specifically the “Update My Contact Information” and “Request further information” forms,
- Newsletter communications (offline and online),
- Fundraising initiatives, including charitable donation vehicles, such as our online donation forms, and
- Correspondence by mail, telephone, electronic communication and in person with alumni, staff, campers and their parents.
The Personal Information you provide through any means listed above, such as your name, organization name, address, and email address, may include information about your interests and preferences, individual skills, household living arrangements, children’s ages and health issues and interests, and any other relevant information you submit that is required for us to provide our services. Please note that some of your Personal Information may be available to the general public ONLY if you elect to, such as whether you wish to be recognized in our public Annual Report of donors.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information obtained from you to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of user interest; consider potential improvements to the Sites; and process donations and payments for our services.
Specific ways we use information include:
- To provide you (or a minor in your custody, in the case of parents/legal guardians of campers) with the goods, services and programs that you have requested from us and to communicate with you/ the child in respect of the Requested Services (including: invoices for fees or information about travel and trip departures)
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with ENF and program related information and marketing materials that may be of interest to you (including: notices of reunions, events and/or fundraising initiatives.
- To process transactions on your behalf such as donations or payments for services you have requested.
- To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
- For distribution purposes, such as newsletters and promotional emails.
- We may also use your Personal Information to determine the level of interest in our offerings. We may use your Personal Information to get in touch with you regarding your interest in or the status of your requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may also use your Personal Information to determine whether you qualify for any services which you requested. We may use your Personal Information to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Sites or with our programs.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or trade or provide Personal Information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual. Trusted 3rd Party providers who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed. ENF will only disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Like any other site, we may be asked to provide Personal Information in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings.
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to do so for one or more specified purposes; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any ENF policies, and/or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
You may disable cookies through your individual browser options. Doing so may prevent you from receiving the full functionality available for our website. If you would like to learn more about cookies generally, you can obtain information the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Links to third-party websites
We may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites as a convenience to users of enf.org. enf.org does not control third-party websites and is not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third-party websites or any hyperlink in a linked-to website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites.
Enf.org allows you to subscribe to our content via email. If you no longer wish to receive this email, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email. You may choose to remove yourself from a specific email, or all emails to which you’re subscribed.
If you send us email messages, you should be aware that information disclosed in e-mail may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in e-mail.
ENF maintains a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information, including industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions for online program registration, applications, and charitable donations, and all other information submitted through enf.org and 3rd party trusted sites. Only those personnel who have a legitimate business “need to know” have access to the respective Personal or Financial information in order to provide you our services. We comply with the Personal Card Industry Standards for security of credit card processing.
- CHILDREN AND PARENTS
Although ENF provides high quality services to children under 13 years of age, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age on our website unless that information is only provided by parents and legal guardians of children. The Sites are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13 years of age. If ENF becomes aware of and verifies that it has received information pertaining to a child who is under 13 years of age without parental/guardian knowledge, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers.
- PROVIDING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION; RIGHT TO CORRECT OR BE FORGOTTEN
Users may contact us to: a) to see a full copy of the information we have on the user or user’s minor child(ren), and to request corrections to that data; b) opt-out of future communications from ENF and/or enf.org; or c) request that ENF remove your personal information from our databases. The user understands that it may be impossible to delete personal information entirely because of backups and records of deletions. You may contact us using one of the following options:
Email us about your concerns
Telephone: 336-761-1040 | Mail: Eagle’s Nest Foundation, PO Box 5127, Winston Salem, NC 27113-5127
Notification of Changes
Last updated: May 2018