This website (www.enf.org) is owned and operated by the Eagle’s Nest Foundation.
(“ENF”), a North Carolina nonprofit corporation. Founded in 1927 and chartered as a non-profit organization in 1950, Eagle’s Nest Foundation provides oversight of the Eagle’s Nest Camp, Eagle’s Nest Hante Adventures, and The Outdoor Academy. The mission of Eagle’s Nest Foundation is to provide experiential education for young people promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character.
ENF believes in the ideals of equality,honesty, belonging and self-awareness and is morally committed to protecting the children we serve and all other users of this website and of all of our programs.To that end, we support the ideals and procedures set forth in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which became effective April 21, 2000.
“Financial Information” denotes personally identifiable information pertaining to a person/family’s finances, including, but not limited to, credit card numbers, assets, financial history, and income.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information about a person, such as name, address, email address, birth date and gender, and includes financial information.
We collect personal information through a variety of means, including:
- Camper / Hante / The Outdoor Academy applications and
- registrations, both online and hard copy,
- Staff applications and employment information,
- Our website (currently www.enf.org) (the “ENF Website”),
- Newsletter communications (offline and online),
- Fundraising initiatives, including charitable donation vehicles, such as our online donation form, and
- Correspondence by mail, telephone, electronic communication and in person with alumni, staff, campers and their parents.
ENF uses Personal Information (as applicable) for the following purposes:
- To provide you (or a minor in your custody, in the case of parents/legal guardians of campers) with the goods, services and programs that you have requested from us and to communicate with you/ the child in respect of the Requested Services (including: invoices for fees or information about travel and trip departures)
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with ENF and program related information and marketing materials that may be of interest to you (including: notices of reunions, events and/or fundraising initiatives)
- To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
ENF will only disclose your Personal Information (or that of a minor in your custody) to third parties and/or affiliates:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to do so for one or more specified purposes;
- Who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers and are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, ENF will strictly limit any disclosure of Financial Information pursuant to this subsection to those circumstances where it is necessary to process payment, or to permit the assessment of one of more camper or staff applications and/or applications for financial assistance, and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any ENF policies, and/or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
The security of your Personal Information and Financial Information is important to ENF. All personally identifiable information provided to ENF during the registration and/or payment processes online is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of the ENF Website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of ENF. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of such information.
TELL A FRIEND, REFERRED BY A FRIEND, RECOMMEND EAGLE’S NEST FOUNDATION
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about the ENF Website,we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. ENF will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the ENF Website. ENF stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Additionally, if a user of the ENF website names another person as a referred-by source on any application or other material, ENF keeps this information strictly confidential and uses it only to communicate with that referral source.
OTHER WEB SITES
The ENF Website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which ENF has no responsibility; nor do we endorse or recommend any particular product or service you may find on a website so linked. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different from ours.
Eagle’s Nest Foundation and Camp
P.O. Box 5127
Winston-Salem, NC 27113-5127
(336) 761-1040 • Fax: (336) 727-0030
Or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org