Eagle’s Nest Staff Suggested Packing List
Some things to keep in mind when packing for the summer:
- You will work hard and get dirty, so leave delicate clothing and jewelry at home.
- The weather varies greatly from night to day, so bring layers!
- Personal storage is limited to one set of four small shelves per staff member and underneath your bed.
- It is much easier to keep your area clean if you limit your packing to the necessities!
- It is a good idea to label your clothes.
- Keep it simple and lean more towards under packing than over packing. You really don’t need as much as you think you’ll need.
Clothing and Gear
- T Shirts
- Pair of long pants
- A few long sleeve shirts
- Wool Socks
- 1 nice outfit for special occasions at camp
- 1 bandana or hat to use as “headgear”
- Closed toed shoes (sneakers, boots)
- Swimsuit (see dress and appearance codes)
- 2 water bottles
- Twin sheets*
- Warm blanket*
- Pillow cases*
- Laundry bag
- Sleeping bag (we have a limited number of sleeping bags available for staff use)
*International staff do not need to bring this item
- Electronics (to be used in staff lounge)
- Reading light
- Alarm clock
- Small fan
- Shower caddy
- Musical instruments
- Sports gear (cleats, tennis racquet, etc.)
- Stationary and letter writing supplies, journal
- Book to read to your cabin
- Hiking boots
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, etc.)
- Climbing gear
- Kayak or Canoe
- Riding boots