Below are responses to some frequently asked questions about financial information related to Hante Adventures.
Financial Information FAQs
The tuition fees include all meals and activities, such as riding, rock climbing, whitewater paddling, laundry, and airport transportation to and from Asheville, NC. Transportation to and from airports other than Asheville, NC will incur an additional fee.
- Some Hante Adventures require airfare.
- For all Camp and Hante participants, an additional amount will be recommended for the canteen account, shipping luggage, etc.
- Transportation to and from airports other than Asheville, NC.
Camp and Regular Hante have 50% of the full tuition balance due by February 1st and the remaining balance due March 1st of the year attending Camp or Hante. For any registrant after March 1st, tuition payment will be due in full three weeks after registration. Families whose payments are returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $20 fee to cover bank and administrative fees.
Payment plans are available for campers registering prior to April 1st. Payment plans can be set up via your camper’s Account in CampDoc.com. To set up a payment plan, go into your camper’s profile on CampDoc.com and click on “Account” and then click the button “Set up Payment Plan.” All payment plans must be completed by May 15th for that camp season.
After February 1st of the camp year, and prior to the beginning of the session the camper is registered to attend, there is no refund for early withdrawals, late arrivals, or no-shows. Eagle’s Nest Camp highly recommends the purchase of travel and tuition insurance that provides coverage for cancellation for any reason. Trip insurance is inexpensive and could save you a great deal of money. Trip insurance can be purchased via your camper’s profile on CampDoc.com under Protection Plan. Details on the CampDoc Protection Plan.
Should we be unable to open a program or session due to a force majeure event, as outlined in our application form, we will refund tuition monies paid less the non-refundable deposit ($450). Please refer to our application form for further details.
- Early Registration: Enroll before September 30th(end of summer) to receive 5% discount. (Does not apply to *Hante Utah or *Hante Maine applicants.)
- Sibling Discount: Families who have more than one child attending Camp or Hante receive a 5% discount for each sibling beyond the first.
- OA Discount: Outdoor Academy alumni will receive $400 off a Hante session for the summer immediately following the OA Semester attended OR $200 discount if applying for a Hante the following year. Applications must be submitted by February 15th to receive the discount.
- Referral Discount: The recruitment of a new participant entitles the recruiter to a discount based on the Session the recruited camper is attending. You will receive a discount of $100 for recruiting a camper to Session I, $150 for recruiting a camper to Sessions II or III, and $50 for recruiting a camper to Session IV.
- Transylvania County Discount: 25% discount for campers registering for Sessions I and IV, 25% discount for up to four campers per session registering for Sessions II and IV
A portion of our participants are awarded Camp/Hante Scholarships called Camperships.
This funding is given with consideration to the family’s need and the child’s desire for a Camp or Hante experience. For any questions about Camperships, please contact our Camp/Hante Registrar, Molly Herrmann by email at email@example.com or by phone at 336-761-1040.
There are two application deadlines for Camperships:
- Round 1: postmarked by December 1st; awards will be confirmed in January.
- Round 2: postmarked by February 15th, as well as applicants who did not receive Campership awards during Round 1; awards will be confirmed in March.
- After February 15th we will accept financial aid applications on a rolling basis and will award aid as able according to availability. If you are interested in applying please do so as soon as possible following the outlined steps.
To request a Campership please submit the following three items:
- Camp or Hante Application Form or apply online on CampDoc.com
- Deposit of $150 per child** (paper applicants – please send check or money order with your registration form; online applicants – please use a credit card to make your deposit when you submit the online registration)
- Campership Request Form
- Send the completed Campership Request Form and proof of income to our Camp/Hante Registrar, Molly Herrmann at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadlines listed above.
You can also mail in your completed Campership Request Form and proof of income to:
Eagle’s Nest Camp
P.O. Box 5127
Winston-Salem, NC 27113-5127
While Campership applications submitted before the December 1st and February 15th deadlines will receive first priority, we continue to review all incoming applications for financial aid.
**Note: Deposit is refundable if Campership is not granted or insufficient Campership is granted. Once a Campership is accepted the Eagle’s Nest refund policy is in effect.
Questions about how to register? Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 336-761-1040.